In April 1926 Thomas Oswald Moseley, recently qualified as a solicitor, put his name plate up on the premises of Lloyds Bank Chambers, Lichfield, and thus the practice was born.
In 1948 Donald Chapman was taken into partnership by Thomas Moseley, and in 1950 Hugh Skemp became the third partner in the firm. The practice traded under the name Moseley, Chapman & Skemp from then until April 2004, when it was shortened to Moseleys.
Also, in 1948 the practice had moved to premises at 20 Bore Street, Lichfield. It has remained there ever since - gradually expanding into adjoining buildings. It continues to occupy a prime position in the main commercial street of the centre of Lichfield - housed in fine Georgian buildings.
In 2001 the practice amalgamated with Cox Moore & Co. In recent years the firm has continued to grow - and further expansion is planned. The firm's client base stretches across Staffordshire, the West Midlands - and beyond.
The continuing success of the practice is in no small part due to the assistance given by our loyal, friendly and enthusiastic staff - several of whom have been with the firm throughout their entire working life.
Moseleys pride themselves on being good lawyers - who are enthusiastic about their work, and approachable to their clients.